2011年4月4日星期一

When I was first starting

When I was first starting out trying to close the sale as a brand new solo-entrepreneur, I would offer prospects only one rate and the offer was basically "this is what MBT Kisumu, I charge, take it or leave it." So people would either take it or leave it. After disappointing sales conversions, I thought that perhaps I was leaving business on the table. At first, I thought it was my sales "technique" that was somehow "off".

Then I realized that clients work in a different way. When faced with a purchasing decision, especially when it comes to buying services, many people like to have MBT Baridi,options to choose from (I know I do too). They don't want to be "forced" into taking something that doesn't suit them. They would much prefer to have the option to choose between small, medium or large.  

There's also some psychology to it. Some people naturally go for the biggest, fastest, "supersized" option, just because that's their personality. These people are often the ones who go for the bigger car, the most luxurious spa treatment, MBT Baridi Shoes,or the most expensive thing on the menu. It's like a bagde of honor for them and they are disappointed when that BIG option isn't there. Others are more cautious and like to take their time doing things. Sometimes, it's simply a question of money and what they can afford.

I started making available an option for each of these types of people (and budgets). The result? I started signing on considerably more clients offering options than when I used MBT Shoes Clearancejust one rate.

没有评论:

发表评论